Sunday, July 08, 2012

Two more days



. . . . and it will have been two weeks. I still want a cigarette, though I suppose it’s less intense and less frequent than it was. I am looking forward to getting to the point of just not thinking about cigarettes at all, at least not usually. I suppose I’ll always have those moments from time to time when I think, damn, a cigarette sure would be fine right now.

And of course if I run up on a seriously bad time all bets are off. That’s always what made me a smoker again the times that I quit before.

Eh, we’ll see.

The worst part of the last week or so is that I’ve been craving food more than cigarettes. I made it through the first few days by constant snacking – jerky and jelly beans, chocolate and hard candy. I gained 2-3 pounds, cut back on the snacks and lost one or two. Then gained again. I think I’m 4-5 pounds over what I started off weighing. In less than two weeks!

Anyway, now I’m fighting food cravings and nicotine cravings. Sucks.

No comments: